NEW PRICING for 2015-16 - Click here for WVS/WDLC Partnership Services
Enrollment Dates for the 2015-16 School Year
Enrollments OPEN and courses begin - August 17, 2015
Enrollments CLOSE - June 30, 2016
What is WVS?
Wisconsin Virtual School (WVS), is a supplemental online course provider that partners with school districts throughout Wisconsin, to offer online courses to middle and high school students. WVS has been operated out of CESA 9 since 2000 and has served over 27,000 enrollments to date, with over half of Wisconsin's school districts participating in the program. WVS "uncomplicates" the process of adding online courses to a district’s middle and high school curriculum. WVS takes care of the details, providing the content, learning management system (LMS), Wisconsin-certified online teachers, technical support, training, server, and much more.
The Wisconsin DPI has an agreement with WVS to provide online courses and services to Wisconsin school districts as a partner in the Wisconsin Digital Learning Collaborative (formerly the statewide Web Academy). Press Release
Why do districts choose WVS?
- Expand and implement digital curriculum
- Easy start- up, no minimum enrollments
- No contracts to sign or membership fees
- High quality, media-rich online courses that meet WI and national standards
- Local control over virtual education policies and procedures
- Keep students in your district who want a virtual education option with blended or hybrid learning
- Develop their own virtual program without investing in content development, server purchases, and curriculuar updates
- Prepare students for 21st century challenges in education, workforce, and the global economy.
Why do students take courses from WVS?
- Course is not offered locally
- Schedule conflicts
- Home-schooled, homebound or living outside the home district (sports, acting, study abroad)
- Credit Recovery
- Grade acceleration/enrichment