Genius Site for making course request and/or checking student progress.
If you are a parent of a student interested in online middle or high school courses, here are answers to frequently asked questions about Wisconsin Virtual School (WVS). NOTE: Parents considering OPEN ENROLLMENT for virtual opportunities should contact their local school district to discuss the option of taking WVS courses online while staying enrolled in their local district.
What types of students can benefit from using WVS?
- Home schooled
- Alternative or at-risk students
- Credit Deficient
- Gifted or advanced students
- Remedial students who require one-on-one support
- Students wanting to improve their skills in a particular subject
- Any other student that would benefit from non-traditional instruction formats
How do I enroll my son/daughter in WVS?
- Talk with your student's school guidance counselor or principal about receiving credit for courses taken through WVS.
- In most cases your local school will enroll your son/daughter and will provide a local mentor (LEG).
- If you will be enrolling your son/daughter directly with WVS (home-schooled/expelled students), you will need to contact WVS at 715-453-1953.
- Once a course request has been made for the student, mail a check or money order for each course made payable to CESA #9 to the address below. We cannot accept credit card payments at this time.. Please include your student's name and course with your payment.
- Once we receive your payment, the course request will be approved.
- Checks returned by your bank for insufficient funds will result in immediate cancellation of your student's WVS course access.
What if we change our mind after enrolling and want to cancel a course?
If you need to cancel a student's course, request a course drop within 28 calendar days in Genius by logging in and going to the "Student" module, selecting the student, choose "Drop a Course" from the left side navigation menu, then 'Request New Drop." Choose the course and reason and click on "Save." WVS will evaluate whether the request was within 28 calendar days and approve the drop. Following this procedure ensures that the billing.refund information is correct at WVS.
All drop requests received on the 29th calendar day will result in no refund being given.